From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:33:58 -0800
Subject: ancient fruit

> I have heard that modern fruit, because of its long
> domestication, does not resemble
> ancient fruit much.  I was curious (other than
> berries) which fruits might resemble
> ancient fruit?  Or, which fruits are unchanged?  I
> suppose that they would be rare,
> no-ones-ever-heard-of-that fruit.  I'm especially
> interested in fruit that might
> have grown in temperate regions.  Are crab apples
> unchanged, for example?

The following sites have links to producers of
"heirloom" seeds and cuttings. These seeds and plants
are not hybrids and generally come from "old" parent
lines. So, although not exactly wild or ancient, they
are probably the closest you're going to get nowadays.

                http://www.Eat-it.com
                http://why2k.virtualave.net/
                http://www.onegreenworld.com/