Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 02:54:08 -0700
Tom > I don't run now, my job is physical enough, but several years ago I posted on running under this regime. I loved it, could run for over an hour without serious strain, and trained and raced 10Ks. I tried racing using carbs and on very low carb and didn't have much different results.

Again, my biggest problem on this diet is getting sufficient calories as I'm running about a 1000 calorie a day deficit.  I started at 158 on Monday morning and as of Saturday morning I was down 5 pounds to 153 (most of which of course was water weight).  My "natural" weight, I believe, is about 145-148, so I'm hoping that once I get in that range, I'll crave more fat rather than taking out of my bodily fat reserves.  But energy has been good and I am close to my pre-diet performance levels now having run a 23:58 (7:45/mile) 5K with relative ease yesterday morning.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com