From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:14:44 -1000
okay, I'll field Hawaii questions and questions about Paleo camp having
to do with Hawai'i.  I live on the island of O'ahu, and the island we
are all talking about is "The Big Island", the island of Hawai'i.  On
this island, somewhere near the middle of the east coast, but somewhat
mauka (inland) is a town called Pahoa.  There is a street called "Papaya
Farm road", off of which live many "alternative communities" of every
description.  20 minutes or so out of town is Pangaia.

Now, somewhere in this mess of farms (organic mostly), orchards,
wilderness and yippies (yuppie hippies), and of course many traditional
hippies as well, there must be a place we can camp!  If I can get enough
interest, I'll do some research with the alternative-type people around
here.  Web based research never works.  In Hawai'i, it's all about who
you know.  Unfortunately, I know very few of the "right people" but it's
a start.  I'm interested (VERY) but lack of other people to go with has
basically kept me from doing it.

Hunting?  Well -- Hawai'i doesn't have many large animals on it, unless
they were imported.  But smaller animals abound.   Wild boar is as big
as you can get, there are deer, they were put here.

Erik