From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:30:15 +1100
There is a 3 way interaction between:
Genetics
Diet
Environment- including viruses

It requires you to have the unlucky combination of all 3 to get the disease.
That's why I think that a lot of what is said about genetics is bulldust.
However, it does require you to change your diet to avoid the disease. To
which diet :-) heh, heh, heh, only a paleodiet has the answers.

What I am saying is that if you have the chromosome 18 mutation you need the
diet and the virus to get diabetes. If you don't get the virus, you won't
get the disease. If you have the mutation and you are on the right diet, you
won't get the disease even if you get the virus.

BUT, some mutations are more dangerous and harder to protect against.

Ben Balzer