From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 16:41:56 -0700
>Hello everyone ...
>
>I'm new to this list and wanted to introduce myself.

>1) What would be optimal for me to do in order to maximally "up" my calcium
>intake (no nuts).
>
>2) I was told to stop using my sea salt because it is not "iodized" -- that
>the iodine evaporates during the harvesting process of sea salt, and that
>if I didn't use an iodized salt I wouldn't be providing my thyroid with
>what it needs to produce adequate hormones. (By the way, I have had
>hypothyroid condition in the past).
>
>Thanks for your comments.  I'm off to buy Neanderthin and will be more
>knowledgeable shortly.  The little bit I know of the Paleo diet makes
>intuitive sense.  Looking forward to being part of the listserv.
>
>Latimer
>New York City

Welcome, and boy, I think you're in the right place! I'm not anywhere
near
as scientifically trained as a lot of folks here, but I should think
that
if you can eat a good selection of healthily-grown veggies, and good
quality meats, raw if you can, and chew up some bones from young
animals,
like veal soup bones, pork ribs, lamb necks, etc., that you can get
all you
need in a natural balance of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and well
as
trace minerals like iodine. The diet itself will address
hypothyroidism and
adjust your hormone levels. Getting off carbs and onto a fat and
protein
based diet will allow your pancreas and adrenals to do their proper
job. If
after a period of time you should want to try supplementation, I would
advise looking into glandular formulas such as Standard Process to
help
strengthen your organs, but the main thing is getting away from lots
of
carbohydrates. The diet should help increase your digestive enzyme
production, but you could supplement with some for starters to
stabilize
yourself. Listen to what everyone has to say, and pick what works best
for
you. Cheers,

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!