Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:08:42 -0400
Gawen Harrison <[log in to unmask]> printed the story from
>>Thursday July 27 7:00 PM ET
>Experiments Suggest 'Fat Virus'
>By MATT CRENSON, AP National Writer
>A cold-like virus may cause obesity, new experiments suggest.

>>Experts are not completely surprised by the Wisconsin group's results. In the
last few years, they have found signs that many chronic health conditions
are caused by infections. Three different microbes are thought to contribute
to clogged arteries. Long thought to be a product of high stress and a poor
diet, ulcers are now known to be caused by the bacterium Helicobacter
pylori.

This is  o characteristic of *Western medicine*.  They confuse something
being at the scene of the crime with something being the cause.  They want
people to think that viruses or bacteria are the cause, then they think they
can come up with a vaccine or some other way to make money.

I've never met an obese person who got that way by eating a diet of
wholesome, natural, unprocessed foods.  Nor have I met a person  with ulcers
who got them by eating a natural, whole foods, health supportive diet.  The
western approach fails to recognize that the bacterium Helicobacter pylori
may find a happy home in the body of someone on a poor diet who is stressed
and has reduced immunity.  But that does not mean that the bacterium caused
the problem, only that it was able to live in an immune compromised body. In
my view stress and poor diet are still at the root of ulcers and all the
other degenerative diseases we see in America.  Afterall, what is food
supposed to be for if it is not meant to provide raw materials for building
and rebuilding body tissues, organs, cells, etc.?

Rachel