Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 05:31:37 -0800
I got the latest organic acids results from the Great Plains Laboratories.

Finally, the yeastie beasties have been conquered. Hurray!! Thanks, paleo!
Mind you, paleo has done what I could not do with antifungals, I tried
Nystatin, Diflucan, etc. in the past.

If anyone wants to find out if they do indeed have candida, write to
[log in to unmask] and request a test kit, give him your snail address in
the text of your message.  He will do a complete analysis of the metabolites
of the urine.

He measures for example, glycolysis, amino acid metabolites, fatty acid
metabolites, yeast/fungal metabolites, bacterial metabolites, anaerobic
bacterial metabolites, the Krebs cycle, neurotramsmitters, pyrimidines, and
many miscellaneous metabolites.

I highly recommend this test for anyone who has a child with autism or any
other disability on the spectrum, like ADD, ADHD, Learning Disabilties, etc.
A paleo diet would be so helpful for these children. I think you could
remove about half the kids from special ed if you got them on paleo, what do
you guys think??

These metabolites might also  be helpful for people with cholesterol
problems, I don't know. In any case, you will get a complete report on your
metabolites which may be helpful.

Before paleo, I went thru heck trying to get rid of the candida overgrowth
in my son's system.

 The changes I am seeing in my son are simply amazing, still lots of growth,
got a kiss on the nose yesterday, words can't describe the feeling.
Remember, only 2 years ago, this child at 3 and a half was in effect
nonverbal and stared at vacuum cleaners/fans 8 hours per day, and was
predicted to be institutionalized.

Now, I have a question.

The report does mention "elevated phenylcarboxylic acid is probably a
phenylalanine metabolite of intestinal bacteria indicating a bacterial
overgrowth of the G.I. tract."

Now, this is my next problem, how to get rid of the bacterial overgrowth??
Will this go away with time? Even if I don't give him pemmican? I am feeding
mostly chicken, fish, some frozen veggies like broccoli/cauliflower steamed,
and some fresh veggies like zucchini. I don't have anything to make pemmican
out of at the moment, am working on networking with hunters. So can I
progress on defeating the bacteria even tho now we are eating more veggies/
fruits and not just straight meats and fats? We conquered candida on
pemmican, really.

I had him on pemmican for quite awhile but I think the grain in it is making
him allergic to it. So now, we are on fish, veggies, chicken, a small amount
of fruit, like one pear a day (one half pear at lunch, one half at dinner
for example) and then for snack he adores pork rinds and almond butter. We
also eat walnuts fresh out of the shells.

Could any of these things be influencing the bacterial overgrowth? Or, with
time, will these bacteria also normalize???