From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 01:01:44 -0700
Aha.  Parrots sufferred premature maturation when they ingested significant
amounts of soy as part of their diet, according to http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/Introduction.htm
I wonder if this has anything to do with premature puberty in human females?
At first, some doubt was cast on this idea, because it was stated that the
Asians consumed significant amounts of soy for a long time, and their
precocious puberty problem is fairly recent.  But this same page claims that
Asians have NOT been consuming nearly as much soy as I had assumed, that it
had in earlier times been consumed only in times of famine, that it had gone
through a thorough fermentation process which destroyed many of toxins (did
the Asians intuitively know about the toxins?  Or perhaps the adverse affects
were so obvious in earlier times, since they had less time to adapt to them,
that it didn't take a long time to figure them out), and that in somewhat
mroe recent times (but not in modern times) been consumed mainly by the old
(which would have circumvented the precocious puberty problem).  Hmmm, new
thoughts on the matter.  Well -- new to me.

That grid I promised everybody -- (an adjusted GI index which I used for a
while until I basically had it memorized).  In the process of moving from
Windows 98 to Linux, I lost that data.  I am reconstructing it and will post
it as soon as done.

Remember, between the two, Linux is more paleo!  heheh You know, many bits and
pieces of code GATHERED up ..  er, ok.  Never mind.

Erik