From:
"Paul D. Butler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:24:15 -0600
Most specialty beef (grass finished, farm direct, mail order) is shipped
frozen in insulated containers with dry ice.  Freezing beef does not damage
beef.  In fact, there has been some research that indicates that frozen beef
is more tender than chilled beef.

Here is the website of a grass finished supplier in the NE...

http://www.nelivestockalliance.org

In general, free range or grass finished beef produces liver that is said to
be "cleaner" tasting or "less" strong.