From:
Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:48:45 -0500
Anyway......humans are the only primates who have this layer of
fat....according to that
book.......and it is because we spent so much time wading aroung in
water early in our development......the fat kept our core temps
stable......and this is also used to explain
why only human females have fatty bulbous [log in to unmask]

Also, I understand this is why we are the only primates with
downward-pointing nostrils, and the only one who's babies have a natural
swimming reflex.  Also why we are the most hairless primate.  Fawn