From:
John McKenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:43:44 +1100
Dr Bernarr wrote:

>                                                  HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
> I have helped heal hepatitis C in many people, completely and permanently,

Permanently in what sense? As in eventually they die and the period of
aid/care comes to an end?

Please provide links to any peer reviewed trials, or equivalently
scrutinised evidence to back up any of your claims. I don't know whether
you are genuine in your concern, or if there is some sort of self esteem
or other perception of status that is in such great need that you
promote yourself and your practices (and if that's meant to be with an s
I am sorry) as you do, but aren't you at all concerned with the lack of
objective data to support most of your methods? Should it not at least
be tempered with the phrase 'not fully understood, tested or proven' or
some such thing?

It could be argued that not many experts on Hep C are experts on
meditation (and this comes up in faith healing/ refusal or medical
intervention cases somewhat), but they ae experts on that disease or
virus, or disability (I am applying this as a generalisation to whether
we are discussing hep c, aids, you name it) - and as such they would
(naturally) investigate as much as possible anything that showed
promise. As it stands there is not (and I am betting will not) any
proven cases where someone cured Hep C with positive thinking. Just like
aids, there are some people who have been randomly genetically coded to
be immune to HIV - and they are being studied. I am sure that most
people would want to 'hope for the best' with regard to this, but it
would seem those who are naturally resistant or immune would be so
whether they thought positively about it or not.

No doubt positive thinking, meditation, even exercise has many benefits
on a large scale physical level, or more specifically on the hormonal
mileu, which can play a big part in ones health and general well being,
but it is not the last word. If you are tied to the railroad tracks with
a train approaching, no amount of meditation will save you.

In these times, we can investigate evolutionary based eating and so
forth, but we should not discount everything about modern medicine - by
all means investigate everything, but don't turn your back on it all.
Modern medicine has progressed from the days of leeches and exorcisms.

--
John McKenzie

(signature now in invisible ink)