From:
Ben Liberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 12:30:54 -0600
At 7:07 AM -0800 1/9/12, Batsheva wrote:
>Ben,
>
>This is exactly what I was hoping to receive. ....Thank you.  How interesting that I have been craving and eating natto in the morning with my eggs.  I know its not paleo, but nonetheless, I had a deep intuition that this was exactly the food I was supposed to eat.  I'm going to Vitamin Shoppe today and will browse the shelves for a K-2 supplement, unless of course, you have a favorite you recommend????
>
>Any ideas about an elevate TSH score (19.5) , and low T3/T4?  Feel free to write me directly if its too lengthy. [log in to unmask]
>
>Your input is a lifesaver....
>
>Warmly,
>Batsheva

Vitamin Research Products has been the only name brand that I have found so far that has a high enough dosage product.  Life Extension carries carries their product or you can buy direct from their web site if you are looking for a higher price :-)

Vitamin Research Products (15 mg, 90 capsules)

LEF link - $32.97
http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item30487/Ultra-K2-Menatetrenone.html

Vitamin Research Products link - $49.95 for a single bottle, $34.97 ea. for 6
http://www.vrp.com/bone-and-joint/ultra-k2

I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE!

As for your TSH level, your T3 and T4 look a bit low to me, so my guess is that most likely your pituitary is trying to tell you thyroid gland to make more T4.

If this was a matter of caloric deficit, and your body adapting by slowing your metabolic rate as a response, then I would expect your T3 to drop but not see a significant rise in TSH.

My personal targets are:

TSH      1.180 uIU/mL
free T4  1.2 ng/dL
free T3  3.3 pg/mL

(I can find the references for those numbers if you would like.  It was an interesting study but it might take me a few days to track it down)

I would check for adequate iodine and zinc intake as a starting point.

There is much good thyroid info at Mary Shomon's thyroid web site at about.com
http://thyroid.about.com/

--
 [log in to unmask]  Ben Liberman