From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 07:49:57 -0800
--- Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am making no assertion.

Yes you are, this all started because you claimed
stature, crowded, crooked teeth, vision problems
etc,.., are genetic and not caused by improper
nutrition, which I happen to strongly disagree with.
I've asked you twice for evidence to back up your
position, which you've failed to supply.  At the same
time you've either discounted or ignored evidence I
supplied from Weston Price, Barry Bogin, and Steckel
and Komlos (Northern Cheyenne).

We are smack dab in the middle of the neolithic era
and the massive reliance on cereal grains and
processed sugars are causing blatant physical
problems, especially with our children, who are, for
the most part, being raised on Coca Cola, Captain
Crunch, macaronni and cheese, pizza, etc...  As a long
time listmember, I'm baffled that you continue to
argue with this??  Do me a favor and show me something
concrete that supports your position that improper
diet does not cause the above mentioned physical
problems.  Below is some more info.  Please take the
time to read and digest it this time.

Here's a quote from Art Devany, where he discusses
childhood vision problems due to excessive
carbohydrate consumption,

"But, the real kicker is the simple carbohydrate. As
Matt (I think) pointed out Loren Cordain has shown,
convincingly I think, that carbs cause the eye to
develop differently. It tends to elongate and throw
the focal point off the retina. Myopia is the result.
I know. I was raised on Wheaties for breakfast and
late evening snacks. I was pretty myopic as a youth
(it kept me out of the big leagues because a myopic
eye can't track a curve ball)."

Here's more info on poor teeth and short stature
caused by neolithic foods,

"Remains of fossil humans indicate decrease in health
status after the Neolithic. In most respects, the
changes in diet from hunter-gatherer times to
agricultural times have been almost all
detrimental.... With the much heavier reliance on
starchy foods that became the staples of the diet,
tooth decay, malnutrition, and rates of infectious
disease increased dramatically over Paleolithic times,
further exacerbated by crowding leading to even higher
rates of communicable infections".

Skeletal remains show that height decreased by four
inches* from the Late Paleolithic to the early
Neolithic, brought about by poorer nutrition..."

Ulijaszek, Stanley J. (1992) "Human dietary change."
In: Whiten A. and Widdowson E.M. (editors/organizers),
Foraging Strategies and Natural Diet of Monkeys, Apes,
and Humans: Proceedings of a Royal Society Discussion
Meeting held on 30 and 31 May, 1991. Oxford, England:
Clarendon Press. (pp. 111-119)

Mark