From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:43:02 -0500
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:33:02 -0600, KKC <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi All,
>

>I have a question about my friend's fiancée. He has been eating low carb
for
>a while but not paleo. He looses weight to the point of being very thin in
>his arms and legs, but his belly stays big and flabby. I suggested paleo,
or
>at least cutting out all the low carb bars, ice creams, cookies, etc. and
he
>does for a while, but not consistently. My friend tells me that his stomach
>is very big, flabby, and sags, but the rest of his body is almost too thin.
>Does anybody here have a problem with belly fat and if so, what is that
>about? How would paleo help, if at all?
>
>He is 40 years old, about 6'2" tall and his only form of exercise is
walking
>and golf. He does not lift weights.
>

>Thanks,
>
>~K

He should definitely cut out the fake foods and try cutting out all dairy
as well.  Those low carb treats should be for VERY occassional treats if he
must indulge -- but certainly not a regular part of his diet.  When I eat
daily, I look heavier.  Whether this is water retention or something else
caused by the dairy I have no idea, I just know that I look slimmer when I
go dairy free.

He is also not taking advantage of his testosterone.  He can walk from here
to the end of the world and it will not change his body composition.  Have
him add in some weight training -- squats and chest press are 2 exercises
that can make a huge difference.

He may also want to try taking systemic enzymes BETWEEN meals.  I would
suggest Vitalzym (start with 5+ capsules 3 times per day) and see if he
doesn't start looking flatter around the stomach within a few weeks.  This
may or may not help but it's worth a shot.