Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:52:09 -0000
There is something wonderful about artichokes besides the taste (I wish I
knew what), one of my favorite foods.   Artichoke carbs are about 40%
fiber, so a medium one has about 7 or 8 grams of utilizable carbs, the
good kind in my opinion.

Neanderthin, 4th ed, p.59 lists artichoke as a permitted vegetable.