From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:48:52 +0100
Elizabeth Miller wrote:

>That's strange since one of the most popular middle eastern dishes, Kibbeh,
>consists of raw lamb. Actually most cultures around the world have a raw meat
>dish or two or more -- steak tartare in France, sushi in Japan, raw liver in
>Africa, etc. I don't know if American or English cuisines have any raw meat
>dishes -- I can't think of any. Maybe paranoia about raw meat in basically an
>American/English thing?

Very true Liz but it usually is a meal or two that is eaten raw.  All
other dishes on the menu are cooked, not just in restaurants but also at
peoples homes.
I for one welcome ever raw-eater on this list and hope tp be able to do
it myself some time. I love sushi, tartare and bloody red steaks.
In the middle-east it is considered a must to drain all meat (including
chicken) from blood and cook until well done.  I used to eat it without
any thought but now I try to have it rawer and rawer all the time
because my system seems to handly it easier.

Christy who is working up the guts (pun intended) to go all-raw.