From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 22:35:41 -0700
Ginny, where are you at on this one,  honey???  I, too, have had a brown recluse bite years ago and almost lost my arm.  I was "diagnosed" with everything from an infected pimple to a boil before my veins started to turn black and "lift up".  And Dr. Barnarr, I have no beef with you, but you can't in good conscious tell people to "lie down and think good thoughts" when this is a "trained issue", and not something the normal person can do.  IMHO.  I believe that it is VERY POSSIBLE, but even I am not trained in this and I know more than the normal person about natural healing.  Personally, I wish I had known Ginny or an herbalist when this happened to me, although they really weren't as invasive as they COULD have been....just stuck me with four, count FOUR, long ol' needles and it HURT LIKE HECK, and cleaned me out and sent me home.  I don't remember taking any meds.  Anyway, I just got an email, believe it or not, at work, about the brown recluse bite, from a natural healing
 newsletter.  I will try to remember to forward it here tomorrow if I find it to be worthy.  And if not, maybe I'll forward it anyway, because I don't know everything.

Love,
Bren

Stardust <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks to everyone for your information, it has helped a great deal. Yes, my friend has seen a doctor and contacted the Poison Control, this is what they said.

Contacted Poison Control and Infectious Disease, both of which said this was acting exactly like the brown recluse spider, with side-effects as severe as death. They said there was no anti-venom available for the brown recluse spider, and allopathic medicine could only offer anti-inflammatories, anti-histamines, or antibiotics for secondary infections. I was cautioned against having the bite on my buttock lanced, because of the risk of the venom going systemic throughout the bloodstream. (Did lots of research on the internet … which confirmed everything they told me)

She immediately substantially increased all immune, detox and antioxidant supplements. She has had two Vitamin C intervenous treatment, the fever is starting to go down (in all she'll be having 10 Vitamin C intervenous).

Maddalena