From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:12:36 +0100
Hello group

I'm having lots of trouble with a re-occurring urinairy infection that
from time to time leads to kidneyinfections.   At the last cystoscopy at
a hospital in Amsterdam they found a part of the bladder tissue has been
infected and the opening (or exit) of the uethra being too narrow.  I've
been on 14 rounds of anti-biotics in the last 20 months and over the
last ten years more than I can count.
On the 29th of this month they want to cut the opening of the uethra
(how is it spelled in English???) larger and put me on anti-biotics for
three !!!! months.
You can understand I am not happy at all with this and even question the
results from it.
I suffer from Reiters disease, a form of arthritis, and infections pop
up just anywhere in my body.  Eyes, bladder and joints are the most
common.
I've been trying to live paleo for a few months now and find it
difficult.  Not food-wise because I love what I eat.  But finding the
time to do all the shopping and preparing food after work while being so
weak and in pain all the time wears me out.
The brainfog that comes with this illness is definately better lately
but as all hell broke lose in my work and private life I am just worn
out.
My son reacts very well to paleo as well but he misses his bread
mostly.  Even now when a few times a week I get up early and bake
nutbread he still misses it.
He is losing weight which he should not and I just don't lose weight
which I really should.  I know I should exercise but I'm happy when
after work I make it home and can collapse on the couch.
I'm starting to get pretty depressed by now as the result of a few
things together.  Having to put up a fight at work and in my private
life and trying to live with a body that doesn't want to do what I want
is no fun.
So anyone that can shed light on the subject of avoiding an operation
and medication please step forward.

Christy from the Netherlands