From:
Michele Shoemaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 13:40:11 -0400
At 06:59 AM 6/17/98 -0700, you wrote:

>The best I think would be a stone age diet of proteins and fats only, with
>about 80% fats for calories.
>Carbs even in tiny amounts will feed the bacteria causing the colitis.

Well, that isn't necessarily the case. I know someone who followed the
"Food for the Gut Reaction" program and only began showing signs of
improvement by switcvhing to a predominantly vegetarian (lots of grains and
beans) that was gluten free. The Food for the Gut Reaction program had him
in very bad shape with lots of mucus in his stools, as severe cramping and
diarrhea as well as some blood. This all cleared up in a few days after
beginning to eat gluten free yet with grains, beans, some dairy and only
cooked vegetables. I did the cooking--this was my boyfriend, so I know what
he ate. When I met him he was basically paleo with the exception that the
vegies were cooked to break down the fiber. After about a year of the new
diet, he went in for an exam and the gastroentorologist was amazed at the
nice, healthy, pink colon he had.

Willow