From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 20:34:56 +0100
Just because some people here ore there in later or other paleo times
have eaten a food, it does not mean that that food is something Homo
Sapiens evolved to eat. The methods we have to decide what is "paleo" or
not are very very coarse. Discussing details about some evidence or other
that this or that was eaten is just waste of time and bytes.
What we need to know is what food was available in _amounts_ on the
african savanna at _periods_ critical for the selection of the fittiest
individuals that formed our species. Those are the foods we look for.
Other foods can probably be eaten in small amounts.

- Hans