From:
Charles Castellow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 13:23:12 -0800
>   I like the salmon too and I too wonder what the diff tween red and
>pink. In fresh salmon red is more ezpensive.

There's some marketing involved there, too.  I worked at a cannery in
Alaska one summer.  We had fish a lot, as you might imagine.  The best
ones we had were "white Kings".  They couldn't can them because the
public expected pinkish salmon out of the can, so if they saw white
fish, they'd think that either it wasn't salmon, or it had somehow
faded, and hence gone bad.  Those dinners were the best salmon I've
ever had.

-Charlie