From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:58:02 -0800
Hi Andrea,
I'm afraid that I don't have the time for searching through the archives to
see if I can find instances where Christian ideas are imbedded in posts.

I'm on pretty shaky ground here so I'm open to correction on any of the
following. However these are my impressions:

1. People I know who are Jewish seem to shy away from using the word God.
They seem to use other, almost euphemistic terms instead.

2. Muslims say things like "may God's peace be upon you", or something like
that.

3. Christians seem to say things like "God Bless"

Thus, John Wills' caring signature that says "God Bless" has a Christian
overtone to me.

That's the kind of thing I was talking about. I wasn't attacking anyone and
I don't want to discourage the good will that drives John's signature. And
I'm not particularly opposed to, or hostile toward Christianity.
Nonetheless, there is frequently a Christian tone that, in my memory,
appears frequently on the list.

Best Wishes,
Ron