Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 11:47:33 -0400
Bliss Bars are made by Govinda's  Address:  2651 Ariane Dr. San Diego, CA
92117.  You can mail order them.  1-800-900-0108.  Fax (619) 270-0696.
They're one of the best sellers in our local health food store.

Bliss bars are completely palatable and edible.  I've never had anyone not
like them. They are the only bar I recommend, when I coach people and when I
take people on educational tours of a natural foods store in our area
(called a Nutrition Walk), and point out not only the real/nourishing foods
but also the "health food junk foods."  Most people--even mainstream folks--
really like these; even many picky kids like 'em, which is great because it
gives parents (and kids) an alternative to candy bars and chips, and
cookies, etc.  Bliss Bars cost less than those pre-fab protein bars and have
real food ingredients.  (You could even make them at home---if you are
inclined to try your hand at it.  I did once; I thought mine were fair, not
as good as Govinda's, but my testers liked them.)

They have more flavors of Bliss Bars than I have tried.  Only one flavor
looked like something I would not buy (it's white, has sugar, milk powder
and something else). Oh---the flax seed bar is a gas (literally---whole flax
seeds exit looking like they did coming in, but with bean-like side
effects!!! :-o  I don't know how people can eat flax seeds regularly).

Although Bliss Bars are nutritious, I would not recommend them as one's
breakfast or lunch.  They are a nice dessert, snack, or treat, but for a
meal, it is wise to focus on meats and vegetables, at home, at work, on an
airplane, a picnic, or whatever.  These foods are easy to prepare.

You can get in the habit of preparing foods to serve two or three
meals---cook once; eat twice (or toss once, eat twice! ;-)) --whenever you
bake, broil, grill, or poach meats, toss salads, cook vegetables, etc., then
pack meals from home.  It's a habit worth cultivating, although getting a
salad and a piece of fish, fowl or meat in a restaurant is a respectable
option, particularly for business lunches or a change of pace.

Cheers,
Rachel