From:
Rob Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:07:05 PST
Fellow hunter-gatherers

This is my first posting. ( Though my second attempt  I hope this one
goes through )  I have been paleo for almost two weeks, and I am very
happy so far.  I have several questions about what is and is not paleo.

Cashews? - a non-paleo friend of mine said these are toxic before
processing, but I can find no evidence that they are legumes.  Are there
any other "nuts" other than peanuts that are actually legumes and should
be avoided?

Are green bean and snow peas legumes?  Are they considered paleo?

Ray mentioned some kind of squash that is non-paleo.  What about gourds
in general?

How does one differentiate between paleo and non-paleo oils?

What makes something cured?  Is it the smoking or the
salt/sugar/honey/etc?  Why is salt cured non-paleo?

If pork cannot be eaten raw, shouldn't it be off the list?

Does anyone recommend any of the herbs Ray suggests be ingested for
intoxication rather than alcohol?  Are any legal?

Could someone please explain instincto in 100 words or less? ( as
opposed to several pages )

I am a deer hunter, and often have the opportunity to kill wild hogs,
but never do.  Does anyone know how to make one's own paleo bacon or
sausage?

I'll give the questions a rest now.  Any answer would be greatly
appreciated?

One more - does anyone else live in or near Lubbock, TX?

Rob