From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:16:32 -0500
I am 51.  When I was 43 and began low carbing I was 75 pounds heavier than I
am now.

At the age of 24, I weighed 125 pounds and I wore a size 14.  Today I weigh
135 ( fluctuating up to 140) and I wear a size 10.  So, I weigh more but I
take up less space ;)  I do weight train.

I rotate my meats - otherwise since beef is my favorite I would eat more
beef.  I know this will sound very mechanistic, but it is easy for me.  I
eat beef, chicken, eggs, pork, tuna, turkey in that general order.  If I eat
beef, it is usually a chuck roast cut into 4 servings - so I eat 4 servings
of beef.  Next is chicken, which is usually a family pack of wings or thighs
for about 4 meals also.  I eat two meals of eggs.  They are not my favorite.
Next is 3-4 meals of pork.  Two meals of tuna due to mercury.  And, 2-3
meals of turkey.  I eat all fat and skin.  Then, I repeat the list over
again.

Serving sizes?  Beef is usually around 8 ounces each.  Chicken wings around
9 ounces including bones.  Eggs will be 3-4 depending on hunger.  I will eat
1-2 pork chops per serving depending upon their size and my perceived
hunger.  A can of tuna is a serving.  One or two turkey wings is a serving
for me.

I do eat a lot of vegetables and a wide variety.  I try to eat a pound or
more of vegetables a day.  I eat fruit in more moderation because I limit my
carbs to around 70 per day.  I do eat nuts regularly - one or two ounces at
a time.  Not every day.  And, I eat some dairy.  Sometimes I will eat full
fat yogurt or a little cheese, but I will go days or weeks without dairy.  I
intend to experiment soon by going dairy free for 2-3 months just to see if
I feel any differently.

Hope this helps and is not seen as a bunch of minutiae about one person  :)

Paula H.

-
Paula,
Interesting.  How old are you?  How often do you eat red meat (and how much
in a typical meal) as opposed to poultry or fish?

Mike