From:
Betty Guyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 08:29:05 -0400
< Olive oil has other virtues as well.  It is rich in
antioxidantsand a substance called 'squalene' that has
antiinflammatory properties, slows blood clot formation, and
lowers cholesterol.  Most importantly, eating  olive oil
increases the amount of omega3 fatty acids taken up by the
cells ...."

Did anyone see the report on one of the Nat'l news programs about the
longevity of various populations and what they attribute it too.  I
didn't see the whole thing, but last night was on the Crete or
Mediterranean diet (I think).  Anyway, the thing that really caught my
attention was when they showed how much Olive oil they typically had
during one day.  It was at least 3 to 4 Oz.  Amazing!   They showed how
healthy the Grandparents are and then showed the decline in the parents
and the rapid decline in the children due to the introduction of "modern
food" and trans-fatty acids.

I wanted to call up half a dozen people and tell them "See, I told you to
stop eating that  cr**."  But I was good and only said it to my dear
husband.

Betty