Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:20:53 -0500
I enjoy nuts and I believe that they are an excellent source of healthy fat
as well as other vitamins and nutrients.  The general consensus seems to be
that they are quite paleo and should be eaten freely (except for peanuts
and cashews).

Okay, so far so good, but my question is if there should be some concern
about how they are prepared.  Ideally, they would be eaten raw (straight
from the shells) and then soaked.  However, for those of us who don't want
to go to the effort of soaking them, is it better to eat them raw with all
of the enzyme inhibitors and potential distress to the digestive system, or
eat them roasted, either as nuts or nut butters (which could potentially
damage the fats and is not very paleo to begin with)?  Or, is there no real
cause for concern either way - ie eat them however you like?

Also, how long do you keep nuts in the fridge before you should toss them
out?