Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:09:42 -0700
Andrea Hughett wrote:
> --- On Sun, 1/11/09, Charlotte Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> I was wondering if there is a paleo-friendly sauce
>> thickener?
>>

> Eggs, flax seed, nut flours, pureed veges, and some would say arrowroot. Guar or xanthan gums are widely used by low-carbers, and while not technically paleo are probably not that bad once in a while. (YMMV)
>
> Andrea

The Life Extension Foundation is pushing the herb for cardiovascular
health and weight loss because they found two African tribes that used
it almost daily as a soup thickener and those two tribe didn't have
diabetic issues nor were they overweight compared to other groups -
there it is called "bush mango".  It might, however, not be easy to
obtain in real "food" quantities since the encapsulated form LEF sells
is quite expensive.

Steve