Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 06:53:21 -0600
Sorry to chime in late here, and my story is similar to Ginny's, but
this
can't
be stressed enough...

At 07:57 AM 10/21/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>For those of you who are still smoking:

[snip]

>We learned that 80 % of all lung cancer is caused by smoking, and lung cancer
>loves brain cells  .... so, please please stop before you end up like my
father
>did!
>
>Paula H.
>
>Denise LePage wrote:
>
>> I'm still making a set, determined plan to quit smoking, though.

My mother, who died at age 69 (in January 1999, missed the
millennium),
practically floating in morphine in a hospice, had cancer in several
areas but
one of the main ones was a brain cancer (that was operated on
successfully).
However, it had been metasticized from a lung cancer which no doubt
spread
other places (like in the end her liver).  She didn't smoke... but my
father
did (until after they divorced; he's still alive and doing reasonably
well in
his 70s), and her second husband smoked. He died before her; he was in
awful
shape after several strokes.

So I'm not real happy when I'm in a room with someone who smokes
because even
if they're not actively doing it, they somehow are oblivious to the
fact that
they smell of it. Yech!

Debby