From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:19:34 MST
>Subject: Re: [P-F] dietary interventions/ 60 Minutes

>Incentive: $$$$. The anti-vax, pro-diet, alternative medicine people don't
>pay the media enough for good publicity.
>I agree with you, I am disappointed that they did not discuss diet or even
>really discuss how the leaky gut is related to autism.

These shows do, however, read their letters.  Post a note on any diet/autism
lists and plead with all members to write CBS/60 Minutes.  Does this
guarantee a story?  No.  But you won't see a story on autism and the diet
WITHOUT a letter campaign.  My advice if you DO launch a letter-writing
campaign is to see to it that it does not come off as a campaign.  Mention
the story and what was missing.  Don't say you've been asked to write a
letter.  DO, however, document your/your child's success and feel free to
name books and/or doctors in your letter.  Don't get to pissy; "you stink
and here's why" isn't as effective as "While your story did show a-b-c, new
anecdotal and even medical evidence shows that something as simple as
changes to the diet can...."  Don't be afraid to leave messages on the
voicemail of the segment producer a week to 10 days after popping your
letter in the mail.  Mary, name Ray Audette and his book in your letter.
Ray, write and name Mary in YOUR letter.  You never know where it may lead.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO