Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 19:39:03 -0700
> >>My second experience is much more recent.  I decided to try the steak
> lovers
> >diet when it was being discussed here.  Surprisingly, I lost 10 pounds in
> >about 3 weeks and I'm now finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight of
about
> 2
> >years ago.  I found this diet easier and more effective than a regular
low
> >carb diet - well, I was able to stick with it.
>

> Do you plan on sticking with the Steak Lover's Diet restrictions
> indefinitely?

No, I don't plan to stick with this diet because it is too restrictive for
me to live with.  I tried the diet because I was curious about it and I felt
like I needed something to shake up those stupid cravings that kept me
wandering into the kitchen.  I just couldn't seem to give up that stupid cup
of coffee with cream in the morning and the "too quick and easy" cheese
snack to keep hunger at bay for a while, and the chocolate that DH insists
on having around that kept calling to me. I think the SLD was very useful
for me as a short term stepping stone.  It helped me to FINALLY give up
those dairy products that I now realize I am probably allergic to.  And of
course, it also helped me to lose the extra weight that I was having trouble
with.  Now I want to focus on eating the paleo diet that I've been striving
towards for a long time.  All the same, I have learned to enjoy a breakfast
of burger and sweet potatoes (which I add a couple of eggs to now). And I
find a simple lunch of chicken and raspberries or blueberries really
satisfies me.  I'm glad to get back to lots of vegetables with my supper
though, now that I'm phasing out of the Steak Lovers Diet.

Jane