From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:22:05 -0600
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:52:18 -0600, Padraig Hogan
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It's true that our ancestors had more protein than in just fruit, their
> main diet
> by far was fruit, then vegetables, then eggs/insects/fish. Meat very
> rare thing
> for them... and if this list has hijacked the term "paleo" for some kind
> of 40%
> red meat/cancer diet (as some controversial books have), then I think
> that's
> disgraceful.

Wow, a Troll!  What fun.  Really now, the ancestors you are talking about
go
back to the apes, millions of years before Paleolithic humans.  It is very
well known that paleo man lived mainly on meats.  If they ate mainly
fruits, just how did they find them during the winter?  How about during
the ice ages (most of the last 100,000 years)? Did they have hothouses
perhaps in order to grow the fruits that made up the vast majority of
their diets?  Eggs, insects and vegetables are also not available in the
winter.  You need to think about what you're saying.

	Lynnet