From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 15:06:36 -0500
>         I only eat tree seeds myself.  It is possible to swallow a raw
> sunflower seed, but I've never tried chewing them.

Sunflower seeds taste better without the shells :-) but for anyone who has
tried to shell them manually, it's a lot of work. They are however very
good.

They taste even better when sprouted, but sprouting requires some
manipulations:
 -removing shells
 -soaking
 -removing inner hulls
 -waiting 24 hours until some roots grow.

So, maybe a purist will avoid sunflower seeds, but contrary to grains or
legumes, they don't contain anti-nutrients that I know of (can anyone
confirm this?)

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis