From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:39:01 -0600
> So zero carb is hardly contrived,

I still think that's debatable over our evolutionary history, but for
the moment let's assume it's reasonable for the sake of argument.

Have you, or any other zero-carbers on here, had any negative health
effects from zero carb?  I've been experimenting with it this year, and
it's making my heart run much faster than normal (70-80 bpm rather than
50-60).   At first I thought it was coffee doing it, but removing the
coffee did not solve the problem.  I tried adding a potassium supplement
but that didn't solve it either.  Next week I'll see if sodium solves
it.  (I'm changing only one variable at a time for a week at a time to
see what happens.)  If sodium doesn't get it, I'll add back a few carbs
and see if that gets it.

Note that this is not my first time on a low-carb or ketogenic diet. I'm
not having any other notable symptoms other than the fast heartbeat.
This is also a restricted-calorie diet (as all my other low-carb diets
have been in the past), in case that matters.

--
   Robert Kesterson