From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:00:08 +0100
At 05:56 2000-02-20 CST, Justin wrote:

>In the end, I can not credit my success with depression to one factor alone,
>but many.  I changed so many things in succession (in addition to those
>mentioned above) that it's difficult to say to what degree certain variables
>helped.

In "Why we get sick" *) the authors suggest that depression can be a
state needed when something in ones life has to be changed. The bad
feelings help us to realize we can not go on as we did, and also the
tiredness make us rest and think. It may work similar to fever.

*)http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/darwin-med.html

- Hans