From:
judy genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:26:04 -0500
Todd Moody wrote:

>I certainly believe that paleo diet ought to help the body to
>heal from many injuries and insults, but there is simply no
>evidence that it can reverse all health problems.  That is a
>fantasy, and if it keeps you from considering all available
>options it is a dangerous fantasy.
>
>  It may be that the
>cause of autism or ADD is something so unnatural in the first
>place (such as vaccination) that it places the body beyond its
>normal homeostatic range of states.  The treatment may have to be
>as unnatural as the cause.

I think that you are a very wise man, Todd.  If I had continued to hold on
to my mindset that the natural forces of the body's innate healing systems
fueled by the "right" diet (and who the heck has 100% assuredness about what
constitutes RIGHT!!)could cure my Hodgkins Lymphoma, I'd be one dead
cavegirl....

If I had woken up out of my fantasy one year earlier, my children would have
not almost lost their mother, seen her deteriorate to a vegetable, and my
treatment would have been slightly kinder and gentler.  I was so strong in
my mindset that the alternative approach plus diet was the be all and end
all to healing, that by the time I finally "caved in", and allowed myself
permission to accept "THEIR MEDICINE" (which was the one that SAVED MY
LIFE), I was approximately 24 hours away from total cardiac pulmonary
failure in the intensive care ward at Sloan Kettering.

Chemotherapy became the nectar that pumped life back into my body, and
radiation the energy that dispersed the cloud over my lungs.  That's the
mind set I adopted in order to turn the "enemies"(allopathic medicine) into
forces of life and light. Theories and strong convictions are of no use to a
dead person.  DEAD IS DEAD - SICK IS SICK!!!!!

Our minds can keep us prisoner, or free us.

Thank you Todd for reminding me of how grateful I am to be alive, and how
much I have learned in the process.  I am so happy your son is making great
strides..

Judy Genova, cavegirl