Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:45:06 -0500
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:38:50 -0500, Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>>   But I still find the idea that
>>> you can "cure" anything from bacterial infections to cancer to
>>> polygamy with fasting, diet and meditation to be a fairly incredible
>>> claim.

For most my life if anyone had told me of paleofood, I would have laughed.

   (I mean,
> really -- if someone you loved were diagnosed with cancer, would you be
> satisfied if the doctor recommended they just go home and think about
> it?)

There's an M.D. in one of the Baltic states who is supposed to have cured
all common appendicitis by water fasting, and 85% of acute appendicitis by
the same method. Old-fashioned medicine commonly recommended bed rest and
plenty of liquids, and in those days cancer and heart disease were almost
unknown. Maybe this is too obvious for us.

> Sorry, this is getting off topic really fast.

Disagree; reason is that support for paleodiet is the condition of
paleoman's bones - no signs of disease. Just suppose they were wise enough
to use Dr. Bernarr's method, they could have acquired a disease and healed
it so completely that it left no marks on the bones.
This could give us hope that our diet really works in spite of the poor
quality food we (I) must eat.

William