From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 03:48:55 -0500
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:18:30 +0200, Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>At 12:42 2001-07-10 -0400, ardeith wrote:
>
>>Some Oriental populations lost the enzyme needed
>>to digest dairy long years back............

>But there is also the possibility that if one continues to consume
>dairy directly after weaning, the lactase production might never give up.
>(My own thoughts, entirely.)

Maybe there's a descendant of say, chinese or thai anchestry wo has
been raised in a western family in western habits (whicht dairy)
after lactating. He could tell.
If he has problems, they could come from the milk protein too.

You write:
>The critical thing is the sugar in the milk, lactose.  The enzyme is
>lactase.

I know that lactose (pure milk sugar) is a very good treatment against
gut bacteria disorders. Like dysbiose, constipation and the opposite.
I think even persons who have lactose don't digest the lactose of the milk
fully. Even babies. The lactose sustains the friendly gut bacteria later in
the gut.
Are Waerlandt claims that lactose is in milk only for that purpuse to
stabilize the babies gut bacteria.

It's all logical to me.

Then persons with "lactose intolerance" (e.g.asians) might in fact have
casein intolerance or a different gut flora, incompatible with it.

Amadeus