From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:30:05 -0700
On Sunday, Jun 20, 2004, at 14:07 US/Pacific, Michael Weis wrote:
> Many people believe that chicken skin is among the worst substances a
> human
> can possibly
> ingest because it's almost completely composed of fat and cholesterol.

Doesn't bother me any. Fat is energy, and highly prized. Cholesterol is
a natural substance manufactured in the body as much as anywhere, and
deposits in response to certain bad health conditions resulting from a
non-prototypical diet, not from a good animal fat-based one. I can't
believe I would like the skin so much if it were evil.

> Is there any reason why, based on the principles of the paleolithic
> diet, that
> one wouldn't want
> to eat chicken skin?

You have to wonder if hunters plucked their birds or just peeled them.

> Did they even have "chickens" back then, or are chickens bred from
> some other
> bird that
> doesn't really exist anymore?

They're probably one of the oldest animals to be domesticated, and have
gone through a lot of changes. But there are certainly ground-based
partridges which are genetically close. I'd like to know definitively
also.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!