From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:53:19 -0500
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Ken Stuart wrote:

> There is a lot of ranting (to use your term) on this list about dairy, but
> personally I went six months without dairy and noticed no difference in my
> health at all.    I think that the one element of D'adamo's theory that is
> probably correct is the part about healthy dairy consumption being dependent on
> one's genetic ancestry.   I also note that the milk of other animals is edible
> raw by a naked person with a sharpened stick, no more or less so than the legs
> of those animals.

I have to add that I seem to tolerate dairy food well, in certain
forms at least.  Butter, for example, causes no problem.  Some
cheeses cause me to produce discernible amounts of mucus in
throat and nasal passages, but some clearly don't.  To some
extent this actually coincides with D'Adamo's list.  That is, I
do fine with mozzarella and feta cheese, but I do get that mucus
reaction from cheddar.  I don't remember if D'Adamo said anything
about havarti for type As, but I don't have a problem with it.

When my son went on a dairy-free diet, and then went off it,
there was absolutely no difference.

Todd Moody