From:
Lyn Landon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:43:32 -0800
        This reminds me so much of the terror/anger reaction I get when I
tell people I feed my dogs a raw diet.  There is no end to people who tell
horror stories of dogs dying from any number of horrible raw-food related
causes.

        It also makes me think that any of these that may be legitimate
(i.e., not caused by dogs eating cooked bones, not getting a compacted bowel
from eating a toy, etc.) may be due to people who do not know how to feed an
appropriate diet.

        Could be the same for these people - sure they've got lots of
protein, but no fat.  In the U.S. saying "high fat" is like saying "I drink
lye tea and eat cyanide for lunch".  People think fat is bad, therefore they
eat hardly any of it.  Fat-free food manufacturers are making a killing on
the false assumption that all fat is bad and will kill you.

Lyn