Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 19:57:37 -0400
<<The difference is that Amadeus uses reasoning to try to convince us
of his
position. If he simply told everybody that he knew all of the answers,
and
the
rest of us would just have to have faith in him, I doubt if many
people
would
bother to listen to him.>>

I find it so difficult to understand why some react so strongly to a
post in
which Dori shared something which moved/motivated her. I don't recall
her
ever stating that she 'knew all the answers'.  I think it is enjoyable
and
interesting when people share the deeper parts of themselves here.

Is it really all that threatening?  Why not allow for our differences
and
appreciate them?  We can do this without subscribing to, or embracing
another's philosophy.  Lack of tolerance and respect for others'
beliefs has
led to violence and even death in some situations.  Shall we feed this
energy with more negative energy?  I hope not.

Siobhan