From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:44:42 +0900
On Saturday, November 15, 2003, at 11:22  AM, micki wrote:

> The Parcells Oxygen Soak is registered with the Smithsonian Institution
> under
> "Simplified Kitchen Chemistry," and is used around the world with great
> success,
> having been adopted by health departments of many governments.
> You can find out more about the late Hazel Parcells, see her center's
> site:
>

> www.ParcellsCenter.com.

This reminds me of how some people treated contaminated water where I
used to live. Because the town water supply wasn't reliable, most
people had a large open topped tank in the kitchen that they refilled
every day when the water was running. The original source of the water
was suspect, and a lot of people would get occasional stomach problems.
I was an outsider so I got some bug every month or two! At night before
bed the thing to do was put a few drops of bleach into the tank. That
was enough to get rid of most of the bugs. I suppose it didn't do much
to the spore forming bacteria but it made a big difference. Overnight
the bleach evaporates out, it is more volatile than water, and the
water is safe to drink. You don't want to swallow even very dilute
bleach though, it messes up you natural gut flora so you have to let
the water sit overnight before using it. I do much the same with the
chlorinated city water I drink now. Either I boil it or let it sit
overnight in an open container. That is supposed to get most of the
chlorine out.

I never thought to bleach soak my food, that might have saved me a lot
of trips to the Doc for drugs! I have some old carrots in the fridge
now. I'll try it and see how well it revives them.