From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 19:53:21 -0400
Mary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>  If Ashton Embry edited Roger MacDougall's text to conform to his
>> low-saturated fate views, does that mean that t

>Yes, good question, and Don, what is your opinion?

Opinion of what? I eat plenty of saturated fat. My HDL is 76, my TGs are
78, and my LDL is 129. It was after a 15 hour fast, which I read somewhere
elevates the LDL (and lowers the TGs). I'm not worried.

> There is no way I can
>have my son on a Lo Carb diet and a Lo Fat diet as well.

If you eat protein you must either eat carbs or fat.

>Also, Loren Cordain takes the same view as Embry, he recommends unsaturated
>fat for MS, I believe, right?

I think you're right. Both tend to ignore saturated coconut fat, which all
humans living where they grow (which is all over the world in the tropics)
consumes.

Don.