Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:52:47 -0000
From: Adrienne Smith -- <<...more than 1 gram of protein per kilogram of "ideal" bodyweight, and dietary fat is to be kept at around 70%-80% ...I feel that these theories may have merit because the usual reasons for hypo symptoms (hair loss, fatigue, weight stalls) >>

I find that the easiest and tastiest way of 'upping' my fat intake and keeping my thyroid happy is to munch on creamed coconut... it has up to 68% fat... coconut fat is recommended for supporting the thyroid.
As for weight loss... I lost about 50 lb. with paleo-eating... not counting carbs, just sticking more or less to Ray Audette’s principles... I was also at the time, walking uphill, for 30 minutes 3 times a week,  to pick up my son from school... I stopped losing weight when my son moved on to high school so no more marching uphill for me... my diet remained the same... methinks it boils down to less activity...  as much as we try and emulate the paleo life style and diet, it's probably the levels of physical activity of those distant ancestors that are the more difficult to incorporate into our life style.

Dedy