From:
Padraig Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 23:24:50 -0400
****I can't believe I'm getting so many rejected messages, they're not that
long****

>> Fruits are the nearly perfect food (probably perfect in the wild), they
>are the food of choice for all primates.
>
>While fruits are a common food among primates, no primates eat a strictly
>fruitarian diet--that is a human invention--which you can read about here:
>http://www.beyondveg.com/billings-t/comp-anat/comp-anat-2a.shtml. As I
>mentioned before, all primates, including homo sapiens sapiens, eat at least
>some nonplant foods.

"Frugivores normally eat some leaves and/or animal matter in addition to their
primary food of fruit."

But they typically pass over everything to get to the fruit. Again I am NOT a
fruitarians, except maybe by their ridiculous definition I'm 80-90% sometimes.
But even 100% strict fruitarians get vitamin B12 from bacteria on the fruit,
they might eat the inside shell of a coconut, they might swallow seeds
sometimes. I can't PROVE that 100% fruitarians would prosper if they were
eating wild fruits, but I'm fairly positive they would.

>I'm not certain that there's one single "perfect" wild food for all people.
>In an ideal world, people would mostly eat the wild foods that are native to
>their region, rather than import tropical fruits from thousands of miles
>away, burning fossil fuels in the process. Unfortunately, much of the
>indigenous flora and fauna of the world have been wiped out and many areas
>are overpopulated, so this is no longer possible.
>
>As I said, I've personally found that I don't do well if I eat too much
>fruit and fruit-based products and do much better on a diet based on
>meat/fat/organs than I do even on wild fruit. I'm sorry if that upsets you.
>If you do well on wild fruit, more power to you and thanks again for not
>eating my flesh foods! :-)

Maybe there should be a split list, one for paleo-highcarb and one for paleo-
lowcarb.

>> I'm not a fanatic. I think I will always take more than one serving of
>fish per week.
>
>That's good to hear. Fanatics bore me. Like you I eat what seems to work
>well for me. I also don't go overboard on criticizing an approach until I've
>tried it myself. I was a little bit skeptical of a very low-carb, high-fat
>approach to a Paleo diet and I asked questions about it and investigated
>carefully, but I postponed any criticisms of it until after I had a chance
>to try it. Upon trying it I find that I'm doing very well on it after about
>6 months of gradual adoption and seem to do better the more strict I am
>about it (though it was not my hope or intention that I would have to be
>strict about it).

That's good to hear, I don't doubt that you're doing very well on it. I might
worry a bit for your bones, kidneys, possible cancer risk etc...