Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 09:44:33 -0500
<<Dear Siobhan.
I was interested in your comments about nuts.
What exactly are the symptons you experience when your thyroid goes
"berserk"?
All the best.
Rich.>>

Hi Rich,

What I first notice is weakness and exhaustion.  Then, I notice that my
thyroid gland is bulging (only on the right side).  My thinking becomes very
fuzzy, and I feel very disconnected - often to the point of feeling like I
am ceasing to exist (I wonder if this is what dying feels like).  Severe
anxiety kicks in at this point.  From here, I can't tell whether my
reactions are from anxiety or thyroid.  I take Rescue Remedy (a Bach Flower
Essence remedy), and then Aconite (a homeopathic remedy).  This seems to
somewhat ground me again.  It takes about 48 hours or so to feel normal
again and for my thyroid to reduce in size.

I have experimented with different kinds of nut butters with no difference
in response.

Blessings,
siobhan