From:
"Landry, Karyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 14:21:02 -0500
Recently I have been reading everything I can find regarding gall stones and the gall bladder.  From what I have found, it states that those persons who choose a low fat diet will almost always have problems with gall stones at sometime in their lives.

In recent years, I have had my doctor and dietician both tell me that a low fat diet is the way to go for good health and for weight loss.  I had followed this way of thinking for a number of year until now.  I have gall stones and they can be very painful.

When there is high fat in foods of which are eaten, the gall bladder will release bile to help break down the fat and then let it pass to the intestines.  When there is low fat in the diet, a sludge is formed in the gall bladder due to limited use, and over time this sludge will form stones.  Yet when there is a diet with regular fat intake, the gall bladder has to empty itself to break down the fat in the diet so that no sludge will form.

Any idea how this can fit in with the paleo lifestyle?

Karyn

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail
system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or
the information it contains by other than the intended
recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown
above or by return e-mail and delete this communication and
any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de
courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution,
utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des
renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que
son destinataire prévu est interdite. Si vous avez reçu le
message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par téléphone (au
numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer sans délai
la version originale de la communication ainsi que toutes
ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.