From:
Jody Bessner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:26:59 EST
Hi, I'm de-lurking momentarily from this very interesting list to update you
on 2 items:

1) just picked up yesterday what (I think) is the new book by the Drs. Eades
- "Protein Power Lifeplan."  What I've read so far makes a much stronger and
explicit connection to their diet and paleolithic eating, than did Protein
Power.  They give a 3 possibility approach to eating, with the "purist"
eating a totally paleo diet, and then give two  less strict approaches.  What
do people think about this kind of modified approach?

2) article on breast cancer prevention in today's NY times science section.
Blames breast cancer on "animal fat consumption;" makes no distinction at all
between kinds of fats.  Recommends extremely low fat eating and endless
exercising.  Does say the jury is out on the soy question re; breast cancer.
But these kinds of articles will have women rush out and buy every kind of
bogus low fat product on the market.

Jody