From:
Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:32:40 -0500
On March 15, 2001 12:48 PM, Todd Moody wrote:

> Rubbish.

Easy, now.

>  I recall a time some years back when I was stranded,
> hadn't eaten anything in days, and was in fact famished.  For
> reasons that I won't go into, the first food that became
> available to me was fresh raw chicken (free-range, too).  There
> was no place available to cook it, so I ate it raw.  It was
> terrible.  Hungry as I was, it was very difficult to eat.

Perhaps your reaction to grasshoppers or larvae would have been similar.  I
know mine would.

Our taste preferences are conditioned fairly early in life, I think, and it
takes some effort to overcome them.  They can be extinguished or at least
more easily suppressed, with time.  All of the Indians I've met strongly
prefer Indian food, while many who didn't grow up with it don't like curry.
Many reformed smokers (I am one) continue to find the smell of smoke
attractive; for those who have never smoked, it's repugnant.

It took you some time to respond to this.  I'm glad it provoked some
thought.

Norm